- 2 ¼ cups plain / all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda / bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 225 g unsalted butter, at room temperature
- ¾ cup Stevia Organic Sweetener
- 1 tsp vanilla extract OR 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup semi-sweet OR dark chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In the large bowl of an electric mixer (or hand mixer) fitted with a whisk attachment, add butter, Stevia Organic Sweetener and vanilla. Beat for 4 minutes on medium-high speed, scraping down as needed, until fluffy and combined.
- Add one egg. Beat for 1 minute or until well incorporated. Add the second egg and beat for a further 1 minute or until the mixture is pale and creamy.
- Switch to a paddle beater (or use a wooden spoon - see notes). Add half of the flour mixture and beat for 1 minute on low speed until just incorporated. Add the remaining flour mixture and beat for another 1 minute or until the dough comes together.
- Using a wooden spoon, fold in the milk and dark chocolate chips. Cover the bowl with cling wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 160°C (fan-forced) or 180°C (standard). Grease and line two large cookie trays with baking paper.
- Roll a tablespoon of dough into a ball and place on the prepared tray. Flatten slightly. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until light golden brown around the edges. Allow to cool on the tray for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.